Mood; Less then 3 words. readers emotional response to the piece. “What are MY feelings about this?’
Tone; what the writer is trying to portray n the piece, how they want you to feel.
Imagery; language that invites the senses into the words; sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell.
“Little boy blue and the man on the moon” distance in relationship.
Theme; teach’s you something about life
– Use double quotation marks around the direct quote, single for sentence quote changed
– Have a lead in for the quote
– If it ends with a period, omit. Anything else, leave in quotations
– use forward slashes to seperate text //
– At the end of the quote, incluse bracketed line numbers (5-7)